The People's Choice

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Coldude, Jul 4, 2014.

?

Do You think this should be the case?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. mitchie_moo

mitchie_moo New Member

That is not my point, if a hacker got elected, he would try to ddos MineTime & completely screw it up...

2. StealthRise7

StealthRise7 New Member

1) why would someone go to all the trouble to get elected just to ddos? I'm sure there are much simpler ways. Plus minetime has some ddos protection anyway
    2) helpers don't get op and they will never need to be
    3) I seriously doubt helper privaliges can wreck a server. If Jacob, an opped player, had his account compromised some time ago and there were no long term damages, what do you think a helper can do?

3. mitchie_moo

mitchie_moo New Member

Wow, do you honestly think I do not already know this? If so, lol! That is not very smart! I already know all the crud you just said! I know MineTime has ddos protection! I know MineTime has backups! I know what happened with Jacob! I know all of this crud already! What the helpers could do though, is just kick/mute EVERYONE! They could kick Collin, done, they rule over all of MineTime!

4. TheFrikinAsian

TheFrikinAsian Forum Enthusiast

So how would we all vote on said Helper(s)? Spam new threads on the respective sections demanding that "Billy BigNose" and "Mandy GrumpyFace" become Helpers?

How much dumb* was put into this one sentence?

*Because stupid isn't a nice word

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. StealthRise7

StealthRise7 New Member

Apply your knowledge then and you will see how ridiculous you sound.

And I agree on most of the posts - it will be hard to control people using alts to vote for himself.

6. mitchie_moo

mitchie_moo New Member

This makes nonsense so I am not even going to bother answering this post. -_-
    I do not sound "ridiculous". I can agree with what you are saying, yes this would be a good idea, however, people could use it for wrong things. Say a tonne of people from another popular server, say team crafted's server came to MineTime. (I think we all know the name/ip of this server but last time I said the name of another server, BMAN sent me a PM. :() A tonne of people from this server could just vote a hacker, or some completely random person, done, MineTime is screwed. As good an idea this is, it it also a bad idea, I guess you could call it a neutral idea? :confused:

7. StealthRise7

StealthRise7 New Member

^ I wouldn't call it a neutral idea. It can be rigged so easily it's not worth it the fact that you can elect your own helper.

8. TheFrikinAsian

Cool? The top portion of the post wasn't for you. That is why a quote was used. They tend to divide a post into different sections from a reply to the OP and a reply to a quote. Also, it doesn't really seem you understand the term hacking too well. From what I know, no one on Minetime hacks the servers. Almost every user uses a modified client, which is completely different from hacking (Just so you are aware, I'm pretty sure @CollinPotato uses modified clients). Another thing to point out is that even if someone was "voted" by the community, that doesn't mean that they would be accepted by the staff. If so, they would become a Helper and I'm pretty sure /mute and /kick wouldn't have any effect on Minetime. From what I can see, you are spitting out words to act as "Mr. Tough Know-It-All". So uhh, please stop.

Your comments don't exactly follow an exact pattern, if you know what I mean.
    Photo That Goes Along With My Final Comment

#28 TheFrikinAsian, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GTej229

GTej229 Forum Fanatic

Good concept, but bad planning. Players with wealth can bribe other players to vote for them, therefore making it unfair for other players etc.

10. Coldude

Coldude New Member

It is truly astonishing, the vast amount of people who have missed me saying "candidates decided by the staff".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheFrikinAsian

After reading the OP and then seeing people go off and talk about stuff slightly different, you tend to forget bits and pieces of the original idea.