Skyblock Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by CypriotMerks, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

I doubt there was more than 25 players that came after the EULA stuff and actually became active. I don't think anyone understands how many memories I have and how much time I put into building two huge islands with only one and two other people. I have memories from the first day I joined Skyblock, and I remember the first thing I saw was those really cool mob domes. I got /kit sword and got myself all the food I needed. I remember going into the PvP arena while I was Executive+ and turning into god mode right as the people started attacking me, and making them really upset. That's gone now.

There was also a community. Skyblock was considered to have the best community of all of Minetime for a long time. Now, most of the former active players now leave because of these changes. Normally I'm really excited about a reset, like when I first saw this thread title I jumped right onto my computer to try and get a head start. And then logging into that spawn just really pissed me off. Seeing /shop instead of a physical shop really pissed me off. Then that duel thing, it's just not fun. People don't set up PvP on Minetime. You just jump into the little dome and fight whoever is there. The set-up battles make no sense.

Whatever. I just won't play

2. Ken

Ken Dedicated Minetimer

Why is anti spam removed?

3. Void

Void Forum Enthusiast

I believed it's going to be put back in.

4. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

I don't think the whole server needs to be reset, just the economy. Either replace /shop with a /warp shop or redo the prices so we can sell items for much less and buy them for less. Make materials like sand or netherrack obtainable in the starter island or shop. We should get /kit wool or /kit mobs back but for all players with a 3 day cooldown. Also, we shouldn't get a vote crate key with every vote, just make it lucky. Pabs gets his money from the keys, not the votes. Our new spawn needs a spawner area, Nether mob dome, and pvp arena (arena not for /duel). We should get to keep our islands but not the money.

@CypriotMerks / @Pile - the shop tutorial at /warp shop needs to be improved, it's literally just pile selling overpriced sticks.

Sorry if there's any typos, I typed this up on my phone :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Veizzo

Veizzo Dedicated Minetimer

Suggestion:

Move the spawn in a separate world... I can literally fly to other players islands... even sitting in spawn I can see the islands and it doesn't look good.

EDIT:

Add kits... I know they were removed because of the EULA but you can make it so it complies to the EULA... had ample time to do this and it should have been done when the server was reset. Seems rushed to me... in my opinion.

#45 Veizzo, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

That's how it is on skyblock.net, skyblock.org, mineverse.com.
    It wont change.

7. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

And Minetime has to be the same as those servers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Looks that way

9. NightofBlue

NightofBlue Dedicated Minetimer

Yep. Because that's how it's going to be from now on. 2 skies and 2 mines.

10. J7LES

J7LES New Member

Well, I think this is a good step for Skyblock because of all the maxed out islands.
    Also, players could rule the economy with the highest balance and best shop.
    Keep on updating!

11. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

So basically add a physical shop and a little area to pvp

12. worreir

worreir Dedicated Minetimer

skyblock sucks u should make the islands bigger

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Andrew_

Andrew_ Expert Member

Wow skyblock reset? I must've been off for a while. Can't wait to get started again.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Can I get my island back anytime soon?

15. Void

Void Forum Enthusiast

The point of Skyblock to begin with, is to start small, and think big. The islands are graciously big, compared to most others. It's part of the gamemode so that you expand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. worreir

worreir Dedicated Minetimer

.-.
    thats weird

Also can you guys check out my staff app? If you could That would mean a lot. :)

#56 worreir, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Insomnia_Awakens

Insomnia_Awakens Dedicated Minetimer

I love the new SB map and how there's a IS level and how you can upgrade your is. But there's a few things I don't like. First up are how much the food costs, I understand that if it's rarer then it costs more, and if it's more common then you can afford most of it. Secondly, the lottery tickets, it's a nice add-on but the fact it costs 2000 makes it kind of harder to buy. Also, it takes a long time to actually progress in SB if you just started, I mean, I just started and it's taking me a while to progress, trying to get money in order to make your is better and make it a higher level is pretty hard now. Along with how hard it is to gain items and levels, I could agree that SB is pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Void

Void Forum Enthusiast

The main reason for the slowness of progression, is due to the economy being broke right now. It just reset, so everything is exponentially increasing, I predict that within a week or 2, everything will level out, along with player shop prices.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Insomnia_Awakens

Insomnia_Awakens Dedicated Minetimer

That's a valid point, but still I love any game on MT it's just on some of the games/servers, it takes a long time to progress, at least through my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Void

Void Forum Enthusiast

I don't have an island currently, wanna do one together?