Server S.O.S

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by MW24THEWIN, Sep 4, 2018.

1. MW24THEWIN

MW24THEWIN Forum Enthusiast

Hello Fellow Minetimers! I am here today to suggest a potentially controversial idea. This idea is a complete revamp of Minetime!​

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL STAFF SUGGESTION

The Process of completely revamping Minetime would mean Whitelisting it from the Public, to make up for this, however, we would have to involve the community a lot more. This would mean we would have a lot of Beta Testing/Testers who would give their input, you may even be asked by staff members to come onto the server and give your input on certain factors such as Economy, and Gameplay if you are well known. It wouldn’t be a staff only project, it’d be more of a community project to make Minetime how the Community wants it to be. While the server is whitelisted we would work on a reset for every server (This would include Re-releasing Prison.) To get these resets out we would need more builders. As for suggestion threads, we wouldn’t just ask what you want to see in the resets, we would ask you what you think makes the resets good, and stuff you liked about previous resets.

Assignment:
    A factor in Beta Testing and Building would be that we would assign you to work on certain server resets. If you had a certain enthusiasm for a certain server, you would only be whitelisted on that server, if you wanted to be a beta tester on another server you would have to ask.

Application

Please address the following points in a reply to this thread if you express interest in being a part of the beta testing process. After this idea gets accepted by an Admin/Owner of Minetime, I or a staff member will either message you on the forums or through other ways of communication. When enough players have been selected, this thread will be closed.

1) Minecraft Username:
    2) Discord TAG (Required):
    3) How long have you been playing Minetime? (Estimate):
    4) Why should I be a part of this team?:

All applicants are subject to player history checks on bans, mutes, kicks, and warnings from the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

Lmao you could get every single non staff on the forums and even most staff to agree. Brandon probably wouldn't do it unless he got help as thats a hug task, he already does resets pretty much on his own with some few select staff help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MW24THEWIN

MW24THEWIN Forum Enthusiast

and a few select players. That is not here nor there. Also, it is either a revamp or bye bye minetime. It is worth a shot, especially when brandon doesn't need to do everything since the community and other staff could help.

4. RealNickonator

Premium

5. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

It doesn't matter if the revamp kills the server or not, cause if something doesn't happen the server will die anyway. This would be a big job, but as mentioned it would be a community project. However the reset turns out would depend on the community, therefore it would be most like what the community wants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

Aren't most players kids who don't look at the forums or bother to care about the new things being added? Isn't that the bulk of any server? And why make the entire server whitelisted when you can continue the servers that are up now and make a few other whitelisted ones that could be worked on in the background. No players would be lost and when the new servers are finished then you can go ahead and switch them all and call it a server revamp. I like the idea of a server revamp but I don't like how players have to be whitelisted. Kids are just gonna think the server shut down again and they'll leave like when Collin did it. Also I guess by community you mean everyone on discord and the forums but I think majority or just a sizable chunk of them don't even play and just talk. Maybe I'm not getting the entire idea or I'm misunderstanding it and if so can you elaborate? Again, i like the idea but honestly how many resets can a server get before it means nothing. I means there's only a number of plugins and color combinations to choose and no one cares for these huge magnificent spawns as seen from years ago.

7. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Idk about all this talk about resetting, revamping, white-listing, ect. It seems pretty simple to me;

Problem: Minetime needs new members

Solution: Advertise Minetime

The only reason there are no new members coming to minetime is not because they simply don't want to, its because they dont even know Minetime exists! By advertising, I dont mean annoying costly pop up adds or anything, I mean joining server lists published monthly on multiple popular minecraft sites. Here are some I found and recommend.
    I can also think of a couple artists who have published work of their own here before that could be possibly persuaded into making some banner art for minetime *cough* @west @Kitten
    Of course, anything that is suggested in this thread is pretty unlikely to happen, due to the obvious fact that the owners/ whoever the hell is making a profit off minetime anymore are really content just to sit back and enjoy the money that is still trickling in from minetime's expensive ranks, selling ad space, ect. Oh well.
    EDIT: I just realized I tagged the wrong Kitten. @xKittenCatx

#7 Carlrwc, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

i have a better idea

upload_2018-9-5_20-36-15.png

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Quwaii

Quwaii Active Member

we cant save minetime as all the staff are too lazy or lack permission too do anything, and with bman having school I'm sure he wont be able to do this so i'm going to say it now

-rip minetime

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

Why isn't this thread being talked about? Bump bc important

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. west

west Forum Enthusiast

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

well, if this was actually put on a server list, it would bring in a hell of a lot more new players then any reset

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Haeria

Haeria Forum Enthusiast

Ok so my opinion on this is to definitely have members and staff advertise the server.

However, the server itself needs more than one Administrator that has the knowledge on how to even run a server. Having one that is on vacation for more than a few days with no other administrators can really cause problems (which cause players to leave) such as the rank and permission problems in the Prison server.

I'm all for getting the word out for the server myself but that said the issues the server has needs to be fixed prior to this.