/p deny?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by kycul, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kycul

kycul Dedicated Minetimer

So, does anyone want to add to that? Any ideas? If you want this to be added, we could start a poll or email the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bubu0011

Bubu0011 New Member

I believe that's a great idea, in my opinion, but of course you've given all pros, what about cons?

3. kycul

The only cons that I can think of are that people can use /p deny to freeze people inside their plots, but I would have thought that /spawn would fix that, or any /warp or /p home. Also someone may abuse the command, for instance, invite people to their plots and ban random people to "troll". And as @Jess mentioned, it can stop players from having entire freedom around the server, but I think of it as being the same as being able to build on people's plots; people should be able to decide what permissions others have on their plot.

I understand there are cons, but I believe that there are more pros than cons, and the command can easily be taken away from players or disabled again if it is misused :)

4. XxDragonZxX9987

XxDragonZxX9987 New Member

I personally disagree with the /p deny command because it limits freedom. I have been to other creative servers that are very boring simply because they limit freedom... I think minetime is so unique because of its amount of freedom and that has allowed it to be so fun and prosperous ;) I love freedom and until people able their freedom I'm all up for keeping things as it is.

5. Flame00000

Flame00000 New Member

How about add a cooldown onto the /p deny so people do not always abuse it.. Like a 5 minute cool down?

6. kycul

Yeah, a cooldown would be good! Or a limit to denying only 5 people or something.

7. kycul

I do get your point, but /p deny is usually only used to prevent people from coming to your plot if they do things like /tpaalls, not to prevent them from having full freedom. It's your opinion though :)

#27 kycul, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.