Minetime Removes Thread for No Reason?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by LordOfLegion, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlimeBlade

SlimeBlade Forum Enthusiast

THANK YOU

2. LordOfLegion

LordOfLegion Forum Enthusiast

3. NightofBlue

NightofBlue Dedicated Minetimer

Tyler technically gave a vague response, but yeah, I want to read the reason as well. Also, I was expecting some special announcement and not a real announcement about something we all knew was coming up. Kinda disappointed but w/e

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tyler

Tyler Forum Fanatic

The Factions reset announcement isn't what I was referring to.

5. NightofBlue

NightofBlue Dedicated Minetimer

OOH then I will be looking forward to it still!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LordOfLegion

Is there any way you could ask around to see who deleted my thread?

7. Kevin

Kevin Forum Enthusiast

I searched around and did not find the thread. It was most likely permanently deleted. We're not sure why, and we have no further information. Sorry about that.

8. LordOfLegion

I know that it was permanently deleted. I just would like to know what staff member did it and what their reason is in doing so.

9. Kevin

Kevin Forum Enthusiast

There's delete and permanent delete. Permanent deletion doesn't show why it was deleted and by who. So, that information is essentially gone forever. We don't permanently delete threads unless there's an extremely good reason. So I'm assuming it's by an administrator, possibly even Collin.

10. LordOfLegion

Can you guys ask who did it? I would like to know this "extremely good reason".

11. Logo

Logo Canadian, Eh?
    Premium

Delete is basically just hide from public, I dunno why it's called Delete.

And Minetime deleting that thread shows hostility and fear. Giving players the courage to strike, people like TCP, Panda, N****_Trigga, and more have all spoken out against Minetime. After all these people speaking out about Minetime, you should've been working on making changes to Minetime.

Not saying "soon we'll do this" and "soon we'll do that" would've helped. Players were widely in the information of Factions resetting soon. With that being said, you could've rushed the update, and maybe did a little better for how long it took.

You're losing players and you blame it on "timezones" and staff having lives. Which is true, but why be staff if you can't dedicated a good amount of time to the server? What's the point other than to say "I am staff now."? Timezones may be a factor in having 50-200 players offline, but Minetime usually has a steady rate of <1000 players online daily.

There were errors with some of the donator ranks, and they're only recently getting fixed, after MONTHS of players waiting. Most players are starting to get sick of it. Some are being more mature than others, and yet even they get their voice blocked out (shout out to @LordOfLegion).

At least you got his thread before too many people read it before we all turned on you. It's not our fault we're holding onto Minetime and wanting it to be better, and you're too lazy to do it.

I know that I might have gone overkill, or off topic, but Minetime is getting to be pathetic. They're Skyblock only servers that have more players online, and you're getting passed by a lot of servers on the voting list. You used to 1-5, now you're 8-25.

Anyways, Ima stop here, and go yell at Tyler for not giving me my premium forums status that I bought days ago, and emailed him about days ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LordOfLegion

I think this was worded wrongly. I don't think they are lazy at all, it is just that there honestly isn't "enough" staff (devs mainly), to run the server to its FULL potential.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

@Logo
    upload_2016-3-8_16-56-59.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tenk

Tenk Guest

15. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Personally, I think a lot of the issue has been this anti-intellectual hivemind of players looking for any little excuse to start screeching about nothing much like a pile of baby pterodactyls, feeding off of each other's misdirected hatred despite all complaining about opposite things.

People start complaining about wanting new maps and a reset, trying to drive players to leave and saying Minetime is going down hill. So, we put together a way better reset with an awesome new map, players complain that they lost all their stuff and are mad about the reset, start complaining and try to drive even more people away with all their "it's going downhill" and "I'm ragequitting" threads.

Players complain about how the ranks are imbalanced and try to drive new players away from the server because of it. We rebalance the ranks so they're fairer for everyone, players rage about not being able to break gameplay anymore and spam a bunch of rage threads, driving people away.

Players cry about there not being enough staff to enforce rules, saying that it's terrible and trying to drive out even more players. We get more staff, now the same players start complaining about not being allowed to threaten and bully others into submission, complain about how staff are a bad thing and try to drive away more players with spamming even more negativity.

So, if something looks wrong to you, report it instead of telling players to quit because the server is "going down hill". If you don't like the better and fairer gameplay of our new resets, well that's unfortunate because that's what all your little hivemind friends kept spamming for, so get over it. I don't know why your thread was removed, but I can hazard a guess based on the types of responses players were probably spamming on it. For almost a year now we have had severe problems with toxic groups of players trying to spread negativity like the plague, and it's really getting old. To everyone spamming about how "Minetime is failing, or going down hill", can't you see you're a decent part of the problem?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

I'm not ;) :)

17. Tenk

Tenk Guest

gg

18. SlimeBlade

SlimeBlade Forum Enthusiast

Oh gee. The saltiness xD

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chrisdog

Chrisdog New Member

Useless additions to the thread. ^^

I'm going to make an opinion based on a real life situation, saying that some staff members are like Obama. They strive for change and it utterly fails. For example, bugs. Most of the time, you guys say that you guys are "going to complete that soon", when in reality they aren't fixed for 2 or 3 months. In my opinion, like Logo said, you most likely rushed updates. This isn't aimed towards ALL staff members, but some staff need to heed Logo's and LordOfLegion's comments and let it sink in. You can't blame time-zones forever, ya know. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LordOfLegion

In no way was I saying there is no hope for Minetime. If anything, I was stating why players SHOULD come back and that it can get better from here. I understand that there are children that get angry that they're not having fun anymore, but I was in no way putting a negative point of view on Minetime.

Also, to call a large part of the community "hiveminded", is not the best way to go about it. I understand the anger and frustration with how a lot of the community has acted but there is a much better way to word that. With that said, I completely agree with you on the back and forth complaints, I can see how it gets annoying.

My point is that my thread was not about blaming Minetime for everything that has happened and to get players to quit. I was trying to tell the community to hang in there and that Minetime will get better. There was no reason to delete the thread permanently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.