How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by ArticMelon, Jan 25, 2014.

?

Do you like your minecraft username?

1. Yes!

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Don't care for it really.

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. It's just a game!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Nope.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nat

nat Forum Enthusiast

I wrote a random word and I got National and I added Un. :3 I want a different name though....

2. Matthew Spencer

Matthew Spencer Forum Enthusiast

I think future minecraft I updates should let you change your username (would cause a lot of confusion though)

3. gradient

gradient Dedicated Minetimer

To create a username, register a Mojang account at account.mojang.com. After you are logged in, you can purchase a Minecraft account. You will be sent an email with a redemption link, which you can click to complete this process. If you do not click the redemption link, a green box will appear on your Mojang profile, prompting you to choose a new username, or import a previously-registered one.

If the username you have chosen already exists in Minecraft or on another Mojang account, you will need to choose a different name. Because users could previously register a username before purchasing, removal of unpaid, previously registered usernames is planned for the future.

Changing usernames
    We do not yet support changing or editing usernames, though this is planned for the future. We do not have a set release date for this feature. Make sure that you choose wisely, as your username will be used for your multiplayer persona and is visible to others.

As of Minecraft version 1.7, servers will be equipped to use players' unique UUIDs. This means that when a player is banned from a server, they will remain banned even if their username changes. Additional changes will be made to servers and accounts before username changes are available.

Due to the extra features in Mojang accounts, if you would like to change your username in the future, your Minecraft username will need to be on a Mojang account. If you currently log into the game with your username, you can migrate to a Mojang account at account.mojang.com/migrate.

4. DastardlyDig

DastardlyDig New Member

I setup a new Xbox live account and let it pick a name for me and DastardlyDig is what it come up with......Thought it was kinda clever xD

• Bad Grammar/Spelling Bad Grammar/Spelling x 1
  5. daelwolf

daelwolf Retired Staff

Well my brother and I share an account (I play on it primarily). My first name is David and his name is Elliot. Our last name is Wolf. My username is ok, except for the part when people think my name is dale or dael. But other than that, I love it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hasan

Hasan Expert Member

Hassan is Amy real name and 14 is my lucky number and Nov is for November; the month I was born.

7. Beeman

Administrator

I have no idea where I got my username. The B in my name doesn't mean Batman -_-, the B stands for Brandon since it's my first name. 88 because that is my number for most sports. Don't ask me why I choose the X.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hasan

Hasan Expert Member

I like KD Kevin Durant!

9. MewMewMeow

MewMewMeow New Member

In the start i wanted my IG to be "Mew" because i loved the pokemon Mew. Someone else had that, So i throught of it as math!
    Mew+Mew=Meow!

10. Hazzastibbs

Hazzastibbs Forum Enthusiast

My friends call me Hazza, people I don't know call me Stibbs. So I called it Hazzastibbs

11. anar hajiyev

anar hajiyev New Member

Yes and Anime is how he got his username...

12. Garmore

Garmore Forum Enthusiast

i got mine from a character for an anime named garmore then i tried garmore for a username it was not taken but could not be used just like herobrine so i added my favorite number which is 3 then i thought of my birthday which is 15 of september and poof my username was garmore315

13. DemonBolt

DemonBolt New Member

I got my name from my x-box 360 I chose a random name and I got min3craftman111 so I liked it course I like minecraft then I got minecraft on the computer I decided to call it the same thing but it was taken so I changed it too min3craftman666 instead and that's how I found my name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.