Two-Factor Authentication

Discussion in 'Guides & How-To's' started by Minetime, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minetime

Minetime New Member

Hello everyone, I've been getting a lot of messages about how to work the "Two-Factor Authentication" option for you account. You will need this enabled if you're accepted as a staff member, but it is also helpful to have on your account to keep it protected.

1. You will need to download the application "Google Authenticator" or "Authenticator."
    2. Open the application and open the "Two-Factor Authentication" option on the forums (click your name in the top right corner and go to the bottom left and click "Two-Factor Authentication").
    3. On the application click "BEGIN SETUP," click that and then click "Scan barcode." I will explain the "Manual entry" further down. Once you have the forums "Two-Factor Authentication" open it will give you a barcode that you'll scan with your phone, iPad, etc.. For description you can name it whatever you please, I would recommend "<name> <website>" (Parker - Minetime) as you can do this for many websites. After scanning the barcode on the application you'll receive a 6 digit code that changes every few seconds. Type that code in the "Verification Code" (remember even though on the application it says "000 000" do not add the space between or you will get an error message) to verify your authentication, then click "Attach Google Authentication." After you've finished that go to the top of the forum page and click the box "Use two-factor authentication" and press "Save."
    4. If you decided to click "Manual entry" instead because the barcode isn't working you go onto the application. You still follow the same steps for the "Description" and "Verification Code" parts, but instead on the application you fill out the "Account" section with the email you used to sign up on the forums with ([email protected]). For "Key" fill in the code next to the barcode and under "If you are not able to scan the QR code, you may manually enter the key." After this you'll have to click the check mark on the top right and then you'll be given the code to put in the "Verification Code" section.

I hoped this helps and that your accounts will now be safer. If you need any help with the application or have a question about it feel free to message me here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.