Thank You

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Hello Minetimers,

This is a very important thread that will inevitably provoke a strong response from many members of this community, so please take the time to read the entire thing before responding.

As you have probably already noticed, the Minetime game server is currently offline. Before I explain what's actually going on, I'll explain why this all happened so abruptly, because I feel bad for everyone having no warning about this.

I told my host to set my servers to not renew. I figured this would mean that the servers would go offline at the end of my current billing cycle, as has happened in the past, but for whatever reason they shut the servers down immediately. This was a simply a miscommunication and I don't fault them for this. It doesn't matter too much because I have backups of everything. It just means I wasn't able to warn anyone in advance as I had previously planned to do. I'm sorry about that.

Anyway...

I have decided to close Minetime and move on from Minecraft. Yes, I know this may be shocking, but it was bound to happen eventually -- especially with the new EULA enforcement (which I blogged about back in 2014). Please see the information below.

Here are some reasons why I'm closing the network:
    • I've been involved in Minecraft since 2011; for me, the enjoyment is long gone
    • Keeping something running 24/7 constantly has majorly stressed me out for years now
    • As much as I love all of you, running this network in general has majorly stressed me out for years
    • Mojang is blacklisting servers that are not EULA-compliant. Minetime is one of the blacklisted servers
    • Minecraft servers just aren't what they used to be. Player count and revenue have been declining
    • Everything I do with Minecraft servers is governed by another company
    • I will always be an entrepreneur at heart, and I want to move on to creating other things
    Here's why I'm closing the network rather than selling it/transferring it to someone else:
    • It wouldn't feel right just selling this entire community to someone else
    • Minetime has certain assets that I wish to keep (such as the forums and domain names)
    • It would be extremely difficult to explain to anyone else how to run every facet of this network and I would be getting dragged back into it for months
    The forums will remain online indefinitely. There's still a community here and they aren't stressful or expensive to run. I'll probably be changing up the sections a bit to make more sense with the closing of the game server. If everyone just leaves the forums, then I'll probably shut them down. Feel free to suggest what kind of sections you want to see added.

Here's some more information:

I will be putting most or all of our worlds up for download so that you can access and save your creations. Download links will be provided in an update to this thread in the near future.

The game server will come back online temporarily in a different form (such as a creative server) sometime in the next couple weeks so that we can all reminisce for a bit and enjoy the game together one last time. It won't be coming up on the same domain (minetime.com). I will probably use goodbye.mntm.com. Please watch the forums for more information on this. I will be making another announcement thread about it.

If you have made a payment to Minetime within the last 30 days, you can email [email protected] to request a refund. Refund requests for older payments are subject to our discretion. Please note that our payment processors do not allow us to refund payments older than 60 days.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of you. Thank you for playing here and making this community what it is. Even though this era in my life is coming to a close, I'll never forget you guys. This network has been stressful to run, but it has nevertheless been an amazing and truly life-changing experience. I even appreciate Mojang, despite their anti-monetization movement that will likely lead to the closure of many networks similar to this one. Thank you players, thank you staff members, thank you Mojang, and thank you Markus Persson for creating this game.

I also wanted to give a special thank-you to my staff members. I appreciate all your help so much and it's honestly starting to get difficult just typing this. Thank you @ADAMATOR1234, @Adriana, @AgentScreem, @Angel, @Behemothic, @BerryBoxie, @Ha_Im_White, @ImpactVolts, @Jess, @Kevin, @Kyle, @Kyleep, @Megan, @Ollie, @Parker, @pepperkittycuty, @Reddi2Burn, @Shelby, @Sooplie, @Tyler, @xBMAN, @Yash, and @zNicoX.

A special, special thank-you to @Jess, @Tyler, @AgentScreem, @Kyleep, @Ollie, @Parker and @xBMAN. You guys have been staff for a long time and poured so much of your time into helping me make this network what it is. I can't thank you you guys enough.

I'm still going to be keeping everyone on Skype unless you choose to delete me. I will be sending personal messages over the course of the next few days to certain people. I will also be relatively active on the forums. Thank you all.

<3 - Collin

• Like x 27
    • Friendly x 14
    • Winner x 10
    • Disagree x 8
    • Agree x 7
    • Supa Hot Fire x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. ByPassed

ByPassed Dedicated Minetimer

Sad to see minetime leaving Q_Q..

Will Tyler be inheriting the server? @Collin

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Smokezz

Smokezz Dedicated Minetimer

It's been a great 3 years guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cutie

Cutie Forum Enthusiast

Well, it's been a nice run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Petty104

Petty104 Forum Enthusiast

I'm going to cry

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ItzCrazyX

ItzCrazyX Dedicated Minetimer

</3 heart broken minetime ill miss u

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Solar

Solar Expert Member

Well, crap.

While although I haven't played on this server for years, I've had pretty great moments on here. Some laughs were had, destruction was inevitable, and a bunch of other fun stuff. I even met some friends on here. While it was inevitable that this server would close with the decrease in forum/server activity, it was nice.

While although I've matured as a person, along with other people that used to play on here, the memories were great, the server was great, and you were a great admin, along with the rest of the staff.

GJ, Collin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Salty_Pretzel

Salty_Pretzel Forum Fanatic

It was bound to happen at some point. Minetime was the first ever server I played on, and even though I quit mc (and can't play it) it's still very sad to see my first ever server to be shutting down. Thank you @Collin for everything.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. ImpactVolts

ImpactVolts Dedicated Minetimer

Sad to see you leave :( Thanks to you for the experience <3 I've had my fair share of fun through the years of not only Minetime but your other servers as well. Hope you have an enjoyable rest of your life :) @Collin

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Devo22

Devo22 Active Member

Collin we will all miss you so much we have had so much fun over the last years iv bin an old player from the lost islands server you ran and well we will miss you and I hope you some time open up again or if you would like you could pass the server down to Tyler and keep it going cause this is the best server iv ever played on and this is from heart and I mean it we will love you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Matt0

Matt0 Forum Enthusiast

This thread made me feel like I got hit by a bus, although I understand what is happening and completely agree with what you are doing. All good things must come to an end eventually. Thanks for hosting the best server I know. I couldn't see myself having as much fun on another server as much as this one. Minetime will be missed </3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Prescar

Prescar Helper

Its been delightful as being a member of this community and being a helper. I wish to cherish these memories over the course of my life and I wish the best of luck to everyone else.

• Like Like x 3
  13. suejeanbee

suejeanbee Dedicated Minetimer

Oh no :/ I understand why Collin but this is so heartbreaking. I've made some really good friends here and I don't know how I will go without being able to talk with them anymore :/ Thanks for an awesome server. I wish someone else could inherit it. But thank you still. I might not play Minecraft in general after this. Minetime was what made it fun again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  14. actualgold

actualgold New Member

rly

15. actualgold

actualgold New Member

my friends ;(

16. actualgold

actualgold New Member

you still have the forums, you can talk to most of your friends here

17. Matt0

Matt0 Forum Enthusiast

As stated in the thread, only if you have purchased a rank within the last 30 days you will receive a refund.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. suejeanbee

suejeanbee Dedicated Minetimer

Not all of them have forums :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. actualgold

actualgold New Member

i said "most of your friends"

20. Aabuilder2

Aabuilder2 New Member

Wow. Sad to see it go. It was practically my life! I loved coming on here! Thank you everyone for everything and PM me to still talk! You know who you are! Thank you helpers for helping me, and I love this server still!

-Aabuilder

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.