Accepted Skyblock Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by TotalDerper, Dec 1, 2017.

?

Skyblock reset or no reset?

1. Yes, I want Skyblock to reset.

76.2%
  2. No, I want Skyblock to stay as is.

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotalDerper

TotalDerper Expert Member

If you didn't already know skyblock has been messed up since the beginning in terms of economy and other stuff but an issue dealing with the dueling system has given players the ability to duplicate their money from the server's balance and pretty much everyone knows about this dueling exploit so like everyone's been abusing it to get insane amounts of money in a matter of minutes. Now everything's messed up so I suggest a reset as it's been awhile now and everyone I know that plays Skyblock has been begging for one. I've heard about a rollback I don't know if this is true but it would not work as It's been like a month since this exploit was first discovered and I've notified several staff members about it but they didn't care. The dueling plugin is still installed oml. Anyways the only option I see is to reset the server as it's getting pretty outdate. A lot of people have left cause it's just not challenging as it used to be several months ago (money glitch). The population used to be like 30 people on good days now it barely reaches 10. Take this into consideration as Lost Islands was the first skyblock server that made Minetime what it is today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. iEBKN

iEBKN Active Member

Indeed, I couldn't agree more. Skyblock is just a mess at the moment and I believe it needs a full reset. I understand that the server is busy on Factions, but Skyblock has always been chaos with the eco. Therefore ruining the experience for other whom come to play Minetime with us. I really enjoy the server and hopefully you guys can get this established and we can actually enjoy it as it lasts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

I agree it probably needs a reset to fix some of this stuff, but I think this might also put some players off coming back, since all their last couple months of hard work will be gone.

If staff did want to reset but avoid player decrements, they should consider adding back some of the old stuff which players actually liked.

-Setting customs warps
    -The MVP dome
    -A /disguise which doesn't show your IGN
    -The old simple spawn (I think I have it saved if needed)
    etc..

Stuff that actually made the server fun.

4. God

God #GhostArmy
    Premium

Yes, please reset Skyblock.

5. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

It seems like no number of resets changes the player count anymore

6. WeiLong

WeiLong Active Member

I hope it does get reset because people have found out many more money bugs and have been inflating the economy, last week I was happy with 16k, now people were spreading money and someone gave me 5 MILLION, this needs to stop.

7. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

I'm sure if they reset skyblock again they can do a better job + make the spawn like the og skyblock spawn something that connects to minetime- not a mv spawn type xd

8. WeiLong

WeiLong Active Member

I mostly agree with some of the people replying, with the domes and the original spawns, i do like that, and the old pvp arena, keep that too. But a feature they need to add is /trade it is already in prison and it would prevent scammers. I have been scammed several times because of there not being a feature like this, this feature would make skyblock better.

9. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

also get rid of the mv chat filter because its gay

edit: u see what i did there? bc gay is censored in the filter

#9 Espresso, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. LegendsNOVA

LegendsNOVA Dedicated Minetimer

Wait there is a money exploit?? I have been working my butt off getting my stuff!!! I kind of got an idea of how to build things now since the island I have on now looks... well dumb. So yeah, reset.... its time to grind again... I guess

11. ItzDrum

ItzDrum Active Member

Skyblock %100 needs a reset. #AddSellWands

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

/disguise without name tags are a bad idea as it was a huge issue in previous resets. For example: Players would disguise when someone was trading and steal the items meant for another player. It was also used to troll players like blocking them so they are unable to place blocks or kill mobs, and won't be able to kick or ban them as they can't see their name tag.

13. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

Maybe there should be a plugin that only allows whitelisted players to join

14. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

>adds troll plugin
    >doesn't want people to troll with the troll plugin

What was really expected when it was added then? people to just stand there on their island and be some sort of mob transvestite?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. toffetoff

toffetoff Forum Enthusiast

Get mob farm and monster farm back to the people dont have is and don't have rank and fix the duel

16. Beeman

Administrator

I am going to pin this thread. Would love to see more suggestions on the community on what features should be added if skyblock were to reset.

As of right now, Factions is at the top of the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ItzDrum

ItzDrum Active Member

I think you need to add someway to sell stuff faster because going into /shop over and over takes forever. Also I really enjoyed the spawners in this reset it was a fun way to make money.

18. Beeman

Administrator

Here's what I've been thinking - If you coul.d just let me know what your thoughts are:
    • Smaller Economy - $25 per vote.
    • Keep unique 'voter' crate with bonus rewards for voting, as well as common, lucky, exceptional. Add a 'spawner' crate, above exceptional to receive spawners from.
    • Rebalance all kits.
    • Bigger island limits/islands more farther apart
    • Add A LOT more island challenges.
    • Redo shop items and shop prices.
    • Prefixes for Island levels? Similar to a prison rankup system, but you receive a prefix, along with your donator rank when you achieve a certain island level.

Please let me know!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

I have a ton of suggestions, so here it goes:

-Number one suggestion is deflating the economy back to how it used to be. I enjoyed it much better when each vote got you $15, you bought a diamond for $7, you sold an iron ingot for less than $.50, and so on. For a server like Skyblock, an inflated economy of players having millions of dollars just doesn't seem right.

-I think the old spawn should make a return, but with some improvements (similar to the new Factions spawn). That spawn has a lot of nostalgia for me, and it is also very functional. I'd love for every part of that spawn to return (Mob domes, Nether mob dome for MVP+, /warp outlet, and more). The improvements that can be made are maybe something better than the overpriced spawn shop (really no use for it) and also some building improvements to make it look better as a whole.

-/setwarp should be added back. I loved coming up with my own name for my shop. I can remember I used to have so many cool shop warps, the first example I can think off the top of my head is /warp CrosswalkShops (built that with @10freckles... miss ya man haha). I also used /setwarp a lot to get around my island, like having a certain warp for my farm level, a warp for my storage, a warp for my grinder, and so on.

-/Kit Spawner should be added back. The main problem with adding this back is that it'd be hard to give the package back to everyone that previously had it. If that can't happen, I'm suggesting that /kit spawner is given to CEO+ (they get one spawner every TWO weeks), and for Admin and Timeless, players will get one spawner every ONE week.

-Player shops need to be insisted on. I've always liked players controlling the market of items, and it should make its full comeback. A great suggestion for giving players places to buy and sell items, is adding a "Featured Shops" board in spawn (similar to Prison and Factions' Top Factions) showing off three shops in Skyblock that are well-stocked and look nice. It'd make new players see the board and go to the shops. If a certain shop on the board starts going out of stock on a lot of items, then it can be taken off the board and replaced with a more worthy shop. If someone builds an out of this world shop that has all the items to sell and is better than all the rest, it can replace one other shop on the board.

-I really liked the mechanic in 1.7 Skyblock of an obsidian generator. It gave me possibilities to build large structures with obsidian, which I can't really do now or in the last reset, because 1.8 messed up the generation of obsidian. If there is any method or plugin to allow obsidian generators, then I'd love to see it back.

I will edit this post as I think of more suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WeiLong

WeiLong Active Member

I would say yes, just not the prison rankup system, it's too basic, but please bring back the mob domes at spawn, it makes it easier for the people without ranks to get stuff, and make money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.