Prison Tips and Tricks for Ranking Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by PK, Jul 16, 2017.

1. PK

PK Forum Enthusiast

So as a lot of us know, ranking up in prison is important; extremely important. However, not all of us know what ranking up gives us. So, I decided to make a guide to help the MineTime community with this because I know when i was ranking up, I wish I had a guide telling me what I could get from each rankup, what is the most efficient way to rankup, and if it was worth it to rank up.

*where is says pkbear is basically the IGN (in game name)*​

[D-Prisoner] pkbear: The D-prisoner chat is grey.
    This is the default rank that any new player spawns with. This type of prisoner makes absolutely no money whatsoever and trust me. Farming out of D is by far the most annoying thing that I have ever gone through.

Perks: // Going over all of the basic things that this rank gets. Don't forget about Donor-mines throughout this guide

• /warp D-mine
    • /warp enchant
    • /warp smelt
    • /warp market
    • /warp rankup <---- Most important one in D-mine.
    • For more of the warps do /warps
    • Ya... This is basically it. Just farm and try to get out. Not much besides mine a lot of stone. It took me 2-3 hours to get out. A long 2-3 hours it was.....
    Tips: Try to use survival-nuker to farm or mine better. Don't worry about enchanting and if you can get a sell try to get one because you can smelt your ores and go back to farming. This will not only help you whilst in D rank, it will help you rankup out of the prison. Not much i can say about this
    [C-Prisoner] pkbear: (Chat becomes white)
    Congratulations, you have ranked up to C-prisoner. This is where you start to feel like you actually make money and life isn't as hard as it was in D-mine.

Perks:

• /warp C-mine
    • /warp C-blockcells
    • /warp C-treefarm
    • Ya not much is given this early.... It's okay, I promise it will be better for you
    Tips:
    Just farm more man, you're getting there! Like i said above, survival-nuker will be your best friend until you are free. By this time, you should at least have a good pickaxe such as eff 4-5 with fortune. Fixing your pick is going to be a problem because it costs a lot (unless you have /repair perms). Try to focus getting iron and gold because that's what you will be selling to make money and sell mined sandstone for some extra cash. :D
    [B-Prisoner] pkbear:
    To be honest, i felt like ranking out of B-prisoner was probably the easiest out of all the ranks. I feel like from there, the game gets a lot easier.

Perks:

• /warp B-mine
    • Have access to chest-shops in cells
    • /warp B-treefarm
    • /warp B-blockcells
    Tips:
    Now that you are in the B-mine, you should be making money easily. I would focus gold and iron. Keep mining until your inventory is full and sell all the netherrack to make money. Whenever you have around 2 rows of ores go to your cell or /warp smelt to smelt your materials to be able to get more money. Farming like this is probably the most effective way. If you do have a cell in a semi-decent location look to sell things. By now, your pickaxe should be a god pickaxe to maximize profit from your mining experience.
    [A-Prisoner] pkbear:
    A-mine is where you are going to spend a lot of your time considering you will be using this to help you make money once you become free. You're so close, you're almost there... to feeling like a D-prisoner again. "Getting to Free is like playing a whole new game except you have access to a farm that provides decent money" - @Pile

Perks:
    • /pay
    • /warp a-mine
    • /warp a-blockcells
    • /auction
    • /bounty
    Tips:
    A-Prisoner is a rank by far the most interesting rank. This is the point when you actually have access to perms and can do things. The A Blockcells are pretty big and this is when starting a sign shop would probably the most effective because at least now you have something to offer. While in A-mine you will be getting a lot of levels. You can start enchanting gear and auctioning it to the highest bidder. This way you will maximize profit and you might have to do this to get somewhere in the freeworld as well. When mining, you should have 14 stacks dedicated to diamond and emerald. Then dedicate 3 stacks to gold, 2 stacks to iron, and 1 stack to coal. This is leaving 2 slots for your pickaxe and sword. Focusing diamonds and emeralds would be the most important way to make money. I honestly think focusing quartz blocks in any way is inefficient and will honestly make you lose money. Sticking to this method will get you out in no time. It took me around 1-2 hours to farm out just using that method.
    [Freeman] pkbear:
    Nice! You're free now. Just like A-Prisoner, this is one of the most important ranks.

Perks:

• /warp freeworld // I mean access to the freeworld is insane
    • A free voting key
    Tips:
    Well for a person who just ranked up you are probably not going to want do this but you are going to have to go back to the mines to make some money. Use the same strategy that was stated to rank out of A-mine. Get enough money for maybe 2-4 stacks of soul sand and look to buy some netherwarts. (DO NOT BUY NETHERWART FROM THE SHOP! LOOK FOR PLAYER SHOPS WHICH ARE SELLING FOR MUCH CHEAPER PRICES IN THE BLOCKCELL SHOPS!!!) Once you get a decent sized farm, you should look to work on ranking up to citizen. Try to make obsidian walls around your farm because you do not want to be raided but if you cannot just know that people mostly do not focus on stealing soulsand unless it's easy to steal because it is hard to steal it from bases without over claiming or wasting a lot of expensive creeper eggs. If you can, try to join a faction with an already set up farm that way you can make money like that but if you cannot then just follow what I said.
    [Citizen] pkbear:
    Citizen is a good thing to buy once you feel like you make enough money in your current farm and decided that you need an upgrade. Getting to the end is good because now you can start thinking about a more permanent solution for your base or maybe you have decided it is time i stop going to a-mine

Perks:
    • /warp end
    • /warp citizen-mine
    Tips:
    By this time your soul sand farm should be good enough to farm 2-4+million per harvest. If you have not already you should get yourself a herbalism grinder that way when you clear netherwarts you will be able replant at the same time. To make a herbalism grinder you will need a cell to place the hoppers in. Then just make sure you have a lot of bonemeal. I will have images of what it looks like but if you need extra help creating it, just look off of a pre-made one or ask someone to help you. Also, you should look to securing your base by making it phase proof. Making a base phase proof is difficult cause some people are capable of phasing through almost anything so my honest recommendation is to use a cell as a storage unit (after you are done farming herbalism in your cell).
    [Veteran] pkbear:
    I never understood the point of this rank...

Perks???:

• Honestly... You gain nothing from this rank. It's just a waste of 15 million. Only buy this if your rich?
    Tips:
    If you wasted 15 million on this rank, you must be doing good in the money department. Ya there is honestly nothing I can say because if you bought this rank you either just want to rank up as soon as possible or just have a lot of money to waste
    [Kingpin] pkbear:
    I like the addition of this rank. It is honestly one of the coolest things that they have added in the new version of prison (prison 3.0)

Perks:

• /warp kingpin-mine
    • At least it has perks unlike Veteran
    Tips:
    The mine on this rank. is not too bad. I would say this is most effective from gold block farming. The mine is good however i feel that once you become free, you just don't want to do anything with mining unless it is necessary. Or at least that is how i felt. Anyways, this rank doesn't offer too much it has a cool mine and cool prefix.. Nothing much. By this point, you should have a good faction with a stable base and be making at least 5-7 million from your netherwart farm.
    [Legend] pkbear:
    Wow, you made it! You finally ranked up! Good job on ranking up to Legend. This is the ultimate rank to show that you have prestiged through all the ranks in the game. Acquiring this rank will make you seem like a skilled prison player and one of the cool people.

Perks:

• Is the Italics not good enough for you???
    • Anyways if you wanted more this is what you are getting when you rankup to this ---------
    • Full Protection 4, Unbreaking 3, and Thorns 3 set of armor named [Legend]
    • A God sword, Sharpness 5, Looting 3, Fire aspect 2, and Unbreaking 3
    • An Axe, Sharpness 5, Unbreaking 3, and Fire aspect 2
    • A "[Legend]" star
    • 2 enchanted Golden apples
    • Bragging rights, my personal favorite
    Special thanks to cancer_chan for proof reading the entire post
    Also, thank you Pile for your quote and for pinning the post so that more people will see it! :D
    Last thanks is for you, the reader. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my guide. Hope it helped!
    If I am missing anything please put a message below. Thanks for reading my guide on ranking thought the prison system! The images below are for the herbalism grinder. I know not the best images, if you need help making your own just send me a message in-game, I am here to help!

Attached Files:

#1 PK, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  2. PK

PK Forum Enthusiast

Tried to make it as informative as possible and also tried to have some fun with it! Hope you guys enjoy reading it and find it helpful. Special thanks to everyone who read it! Hope this helps MineTime Community!

--Comment if I am missing anything or if you would like me to add anything to this :D

3. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

This is a great guide :O

4. PK

PK Forum Enthusiast

Thanks Snorlax! I spent a lot of time making this. Hope this helped you

5. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

This needs to be pinned.

6. cancer_chan

cancer_chan Dedicated Minetimer

7. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

thx for the guide it's pretty good

8. Nik9044444

Nik9044444 Active Member

Having a herb grinder is too op

9. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

what is there to supporT, you message farmer?

ikik im a hypocrite

10. Software

Software Member

This is an amazing guide. This really helps me out because I'm new to this server and play prison quite often. Thanks pkbear! :D

11. PK

PK Forum Enthusiast

Thanks software!