Obsidian Destroyer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by Beeman, Mar 9, 2018.

?

Should we implement this?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Beeman

Administrator

Details:
    • Only creeper eggs could destroy Obsidian.
    • Would require a certain amount of Creeper explosions within a three block radius to do damage (15 creeper explosions will destroy 1 block of obsidian).
    • Obsidian regenerates itself every minute.
    • Coating a base with water/lava will prevent the explosion from doing anything.

I am curious to know what everyone thinks on having something like this - Many of you say it's hard to raid, and I'm trying to come up with something that may be suitable but not too overpowered.

Please give us your honest opinions & vote with the poll.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ethan_

Ethan_ Dedicated Minetimer

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. MiddleClix

MiddleClix Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PPSh

PPSh Dedicated Minetimer

If you want a new way of raiding why don't you take a look into /jump being an option in the future?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. xFritz

xFritz Forum Enthusiast

Please do not implement this on Prison.

6. xFritz

xFritz Forum Enthusiast

Like 4 realz yo dont be doin stuf lik tht yo!

7. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Yeah because running one of the most simple commands possible to get into a base would be great!
    Obsidian regeneration is a bad idea

If you could just put water everywhere what's the point

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PPSh

PPSh Dedicated Minetimer

That is exactly what I just said in game. You can just put water down your walls and lava on the roof to kill the creepers so its just a waste of time for everyone and brings absolutely nothing for players. Just wastes 15 minutes for everyone.

Edit, /jump isn't that good. Its not like you can go through 50 blocks with it.

9. Mitchell

Mitchell Forum Enthusiast

10. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

If you're gonna implement a way to destroy obsidian, this isn't it. Go big or go home

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SvartaGumman

SvartaGumman Forum Enthusiast

If everyone wants to raid and is unhappy that they can’t raid just add the old ncp back. You could raid almost everything with Eximius before the ncp update so almost everyone will be able to raid. As everyone said you can just put water around the base and it will still be unraidable so it would not help raiding at all.

12. MinePro

MinePro Active Member

I think that it's a good idea, but only if you let TNT be able to destroy obsidian as well (although it should take more hits) That way, we can use sand and TNT cannons, and TNT will actually have a use.

13. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

1. Would still make tnt completly useless and you should implement that
    2. An obsidian block should be 20 dura and creeper eggs should do 2 dura each so 10 hits while tnt is 1 dura each which would require 20 hits. If you mix it'd be 10 tnt and 5 creeper or any combo to break the block with 20 dura.
    3. Instead of regeneration of the block it should either stay the same or after a certain amount of time like 10 mins go back to full health if it isn't hit again.
    4. Lava doesn't prevent explosion damage unless you make a skript to specifically do so and coating it with water is easy to bypass by placing the creeper inside the obsidian block.
    5. It isn't hard to raid if you have a good client thats AAC based.

14. Noobbybreaker

Noobbybreaker Member

Dont add obby breaker

15. _Xero_

_Xero_ Active Member

No I don't think this should be added for multiple reasons, 1: Its Just another thing that makes prison look more like factions if people want there to be these updates of breaking obsidian and raiding then they're better off playing on factions. 2: If you put water on the outside of your base then people who are raiding can raid way easier by setting home in the water and tping in, plus if your saying a way to counter it then whats the point of putting it in the game?? Thank you for trying but (My Opinion) is that it shouldn't be added. Thank you -_Xero_

16. ItsAustin

ItsAustin Dedicated Member

Neutral because I understand you want to fix raiding but I don't think an obby breaker would be the way to go because you would need to add cannoning and being able to sand stack to place the C-Egg down.

17. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

No thanks.

18. Halohero

Halohero Forum Enthusiast

YUSSS. this is a step closer to reviving minetime. 1 lemon is that if you water prot your base then you really can't cegg the obby... which in real factions you stack sand. (if they water there base you cant cegg the obby but you could tp glitch).
    so yea I like this idea.

I am really glad xbman that you are looking into obby breaker. hope you figure out a solution to bring back raiding.
    <3 xbman

#18 Halohero, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  19. Halohero

so what should xbman do? add the old ncp so people can phase and dupe glitch? or maybe do nothing and let prison die because everyone will be op and rich because there is no raiding community?
    "Its Just another thing that makes prison look more like factions " so prison does have that cool thing called (Faction plugin) so yea it's going to be like factions. so how about xbman remove the faction plugin and remove the end/freeworld and then it will really be like prison. all you (and other) want to complain but don't wanna change.
    instead of complaining how about YOU put some thought into this and you come up with a solution to revive minetime PRISON raiding community.

20. Halohero

Ok I am pretty sure the old ncp is not an option (dupe glitches) and if they do water around the base you can tp glitch.