AUS My new helper application[Locked | Requested]

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by PingPongGamer, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

EDIT: Hello, I've decided to start my helper application from scratch, this is due to me starting off with a bad note and doing some slightly wrong things. On my old application, a member posted a screen shot of me saying ''profane'' words, even though I didn't think it was considered profanity. I want to put that in the past and start fresh, this is why I have created a new thread as people were judging me on my past actions which I already admitted my wrong and why.

Your ingame name: PingPongGamer

What timezone are you in?
    AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

What country do you live in?
    I currently live in Australia, I was also born here. I do have an Egyptian background.

What languages do you speak?
    I speak fluent English with decent grammar. I learn Japanese at school as a secondary language, I know Arabic since my parents were originally from Egypt and I know a little bit of Greek.

Do you have 2FA enabled, Yes/No?
    Yes, I do now.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, I have fraps which I use to record, I also have snipping tool and I am able to take screen shots on my minecraft.

Why do you think you should become a helper?
    If I were to become helper, I believe I’d have a good impact. I’m very consistent, active and I try to be as helpful as possible. I’ve been around for 2 year and 11 months now, I’m familiar with the community and I know how to work my way around the forums and the server its self. I’m not going to sit here and preach about how perfect I am… Because I’m not. I’ve made silly mistakes in the past. There are a small minority of players that can get on my nerve at times, although I’ve improved by a huge margin on handling the situation and controlling my temper. In general, I cope very well with others and I can handle a situation in a responsible manner, I also believe that it is best to treat others with consideration and regard, respecting another’s point of view. I have matured over the year, and I’m not a childish player who will ddos someone after losing a set of p4 on factions. I’m on the server almost every day, I dedicate lots of time to the server and things I want to do on the server. A key trait of mine is ambition. An example would be my bases on factions, whenever I start it during the day, I finish it by the end of the day. I’ve sat 14 hours straight making a base, and yes, I might sound like a no life, but what I am trying to show is the amount of time I will dedicate to something I love and want to do, and Minetime is something I love and want to do. I am able to moderate the chat consistently, help with testing anything, help on creating new resets and doing a helpers job in general, I am more than capable to cope with the responsibilities of this job. I’m very active on the forums, so that’s another thing I can moderate consistently. I’d also love to improve my knowledge on how a server works and runs, and I think I can do this with the help of a good staff team (which we have). Over all, I’m a helpful guy and I’ve got a nice first impression to others, I dedicate lots of time to what I want to do, and Minetime is what I want to do. I can moderate chat consistently and I’d love to help improve Minetimes state.

How long can you be on everyday?
    During week days I can be on for 3-7 hours, although during weekends I can be on for 5-9 hours.

How long have you been playing Minetime?
    I've been playing for 2 years and 10 months now.

Have you ever been banned before?

Yes, sadly. :( Once someone sent me a death threat on factions, instead of reporting the player straight away, I told the offender for him to give me money and in return I wouldn't report him (even though I was still going to report him). Basically this got me banned, although since then I've barely recieved warnings and haven't had a ban. I've also been checking the rules and I'm familiar with them.

Do you have any past experience as helper/moderator?

Yes I do. Once, I was giving moderator on a fairly small server. On there I built the spawn map, I also adjusted the kits and decided what to put in them and what not to. It eventually closed down due to the lack of players. When minetime closed down, a decent replica was created. A few of the minetime players decided to go onto this replica as it contained the same maps and was similar to minetime. I was gifted helper on that server for various reasons. Those are, building the skyblock shop and creating kits with the owner, helping with the factions shop, finding bugs and glitches all over the server and moderating the chat. I gave punishments fairly to the cause of what the offender had done and overall was a good helper. All staff ended up getting demoted for some reason and the server came to a close.

Thank you for reading my application and I wish the best for everyone else :D Please tell me if you support, no support or if you're neutral.

Support: 14
    No support: 3
    Neutral: 0

#1 PingPongGamer, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Callmematthew

Callmematthew Dedicated Minetimer

Support, I believe you've changed positively. Just fix up the spelling mistakes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. PingPongGamer

Yes, I shall. I do need to eat dinner though, I'll be back soon :)
    EDIT: Okay, I've fixed them now :)

#3 PingPongGamer, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Popcorn84620

Popcorn84620 Forum Fanatic

As Requested:
    I like how you admit to your mistakes and want to stem from their in the future. I've known you for a while and can agree that you have changed, for the better. A few grammatical errors here and there but other wise your application looks well written. I wish you the best of luck!
    -Pop

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ashy

Ashy Forum Enthusiast

Support!

6. PingPongGamer

Thanks guys! @Popcorn84620, is that a support, or neutral? :D

7. Zachs

Zachs Dedicated Minetimer

Support!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rascalb

rascalb Dedicated Minetimer

9. Flossie

Flossie Expert Member

Nice application :)

10. ExplicitO

ExplicitO Active Member

Support!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. HamadahGamerTag

HamadahGamerTag Dedicated Minetimer

NO Support for sure LOL!

12. PingPongGamer

Thanks Fam :)
    Okay, that's cool. Could you give me a reason why though? I'd like to improve on any errors that I've done.

13. small507

small507 Active Member

no support

#13 small507, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dsfadfasdfsa

dsfadfasdfsa Dedicated Minetimer

You should just shorten this.
    English* Greek*
    You simply included links, I don't really see this as helpful. Also, on my screen it's very difficult to read.
    This is good that it's short, but you should make it short and sweet. The staff like to see effort, but they don't want to read an essay.
    That is a good amount of time.

Overall it's a good application, I just think you need to prove yourself a more mature user on the server and forums.

15. Angel

Angel Expert Member

I like your application. Support!

16. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Support! :>

17. crypika_

crypika_ Dedicated Minetimer

I certain love how you demonstrate honesty on your application, pointing out mistakes you've had in the past. But hey? Who doesn't make mistakes ? It's not possible to have no mistakes in your life.

I guess you could be helpful when encountering problems that involve another language, seeing you being able to speak more than 3 languages!

Your application sounds simple, straight-forward and convincing to me! Support !!!

18. PingPongGamer

Coolio :)
    Hello, thank you for your input. I will take this into consideration :)
    Thanks!
    Thanks!
    Haha, thank you :) I do enjoy knowing multiple languages, makes life easier :p Also, with the honesty part, It's best to solve a problem rather than throw it under the carpet in my opinion.

19. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

As requested.
    I really liked how you admitted to your mistakes in the past. Being honest about those things shows that you're a trustworthy person. Also, I admire how you maturely responded to those who gave you "no support". Nice application!

20. west

west Forum Enthusiast

Support because you a cool guy
    and you told me which way the baby war is so
    YEAH
    SUPPORT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.