Minetime Restart Thought

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Dawesome, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawesome

Dawesome Guest

So since MineTime is down I mean many players will be finding new servers and will have made progress on them so my thought is. So my point is if many players leave and a new playerbase is needed why not ban modified clients (or what the tweens call hacks). Anyway my arguement is if the server is basically reset ownership wise and is having down time and mean banning hacks would actually get more players. Mainly the experience skill based players which every server needs. I mean if you mod your PS4 and play some call of duty with the pros you are going to get banned. Originally doing multiplayer with hacks sounds fun but after a while it becomes sort of dull and thrill killing. My suggestion is ban these modifications on the existing minetime.com network and then have another small server on preferably a sub domain like mods.minetime.com with a few different pvp gamemodes which the moded client players would love. I mean on the main server do you want someone in infection island hopping or in pvpfest just annihilating because they have the best client on the server. There is a point of where these clients are fun and then there is basically cheat to win which can kill a larger player base which minetime is and will be very capable of. When minetime shut down just a while back it was in the state of the best pvper is the person who knows the best balanced client out of everyone else and who also refuses to tell others what they use so that they remain on top even if they are normally horrible at pvp and should be practicing instead of cheating others and themselves. I am very interested in everyone's thoughts would it be possible to have a alone pvp allowed modded client server and have the old network be no longer supportive of these clients? I mean this way more vanilla client players would join and stay as well as the mod lovers having their very own PVP server. I am also going to be honest here what else are these mods good for besides PVP? So in theory a PVP server would all that would be needed besides maybe some outstanding improvements visually and mechanically to make up for the fact it is just one server but I mean the mod users would use it because the mods are built for PVP. I am going to wrap it up with that and I am interested in all of yours thoughts.

• Disagree Disagree x 27
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. BananaTiger

BananaTiger Forum Enthusiast

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. BananaTiger

BananaTiger Forum Enthusiast

Neva gunna happen...

4. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

As @Kyleep said in another thread -
    If Minetime were to ban hacks, we'd have to ban probably around 50% of the community within the first month or so.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. TypicalTryhard

TypicalTryhard Active Member

Hacking is prohibited on Minetime which is a good thing for some, and a bad thing for others.
    Here's my opinion on it, Yes I've hacked before. But, I simply didn't like it.
    I respect the people that are used to using it though on their server (Minetime)
    Most servers on MC don't allow hacking so when I found out that Minetime allowed it, I was pretty surprised.

Since all the players are used to hacking on here and we don't want the majority of the community leaving in my opinion, @CypriotMerks and @Noobcrew will continue to allow Modified Clients or "Hacks". I can't be for sure though :eek: :p

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Teeeb

Teeeb Active Member

I kinda like being able to hack tho

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Exstatisfy

Exstatisfy Dedicated Minetimer

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

Honestly, almost all server prohibit hacked clients, this server is the home for those who want to use clients without being banned constantly and being called out. I like the fact that hacks are allowed and it should say that way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Thats what I've been saying!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

Prohibited means not allowed. Permitted means allowed. That's what you meant, I'm assuming?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Ikr lol!

12. TypicalTryhard

TypicalTryhard Active Member

>,< Yeah fam.

13. Dawesome

Dawesome Guest

That is why I suggest there be separate servers for vanilla users versus mod users. Or just code up some plugin that completely protects vanilla users from mod users and vice versa. I never said they needed to banned all together. I was suggesting a division. You do realize that MineTime is a server network right? Meaning that for every different game mode that is a new server. You can connect trough the IP but that is simply a proxy. See where I am going? If Minetime Consist of around 7 servers I mean like why not add an 8th for vanilla factions or something of that sort or just make that 8th the most majestic pvp server like in all of MineTime history and have that be the extent of modded clients. It would just help get more players in and keep the old mod use players. I mean every argument here seems like the poster failed to read the entirety of my thought. I just gave an example. For all of your information by if there was a subdomain in front of minetime it would still be pointing to the same computer and just a new port. So it will still be minetime just not connected by the proxy with current domain which you would all call an IP.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  14. Surge

Surge Active Member

^

15. gone

gone Expert Member

I'm developing some eye diseases by looking at this post.

Not only is this never going to happen and just going to give you a lot of disagree ratings...

But you don't do any paragraphs :( I literally find it so hard to read line after line after line after line of just blocks of text. Space your text a bit more?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Volga

Volga Expert Member

Are you basically asking for Minetime to get rid of the ONLY thing that makes the server special? ...

Hell no. (Excuse my french)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. gone

gone Expert Member

You didn't speak in french?

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Volga

Volga Expert Member

It was a joke ;P

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MrPronounce

MrPronounce Active Member

I don't want to read that, sorry.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dawesome

Dawesome Guest

This is not English class nor is it anything formal so I refuse to use MLA format.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.