"ima kms" Rule

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by paulforthebuild, Nov 26, 2016.

?

Should this rule be Removed

1. Yes, I agree with you

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No I don't agree with you

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I think the rule should be more specific

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. paulforthebuild

paulforthebuild Active Member

As most of minetime knows the rules which can be pretty bad in some cases one rule i think is stupid or shouldn't be a rule is the Suicide threats -- Threatening to commit suicide or insinuating in any way that you will or may commit suicide will get you permanently banned. like do i really need to be banned for this if anything you should be given a email to A: help you if you really are going to kill yourself Or B:not ban them because what if the next day they really did kill themselves? if anything this rule should be more specific I got banned from this after saying it which i do not mind but i thought i would bring this up if people do not have the power to chagne this rule on the forms then nothing will be done i guess But i would like everyone to vote on my poll and see what everyone else thinks about this rule - Paul

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hag

Hag Dedicated Minetimer

bad reason but agree because most time is joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ADAMATOR1234

ADAMATOR1234 Expert Member

I wouldn't want to promote attention seeking.

If said person is really feeling that way,
    • I doubt they would be on minecraft
    • They can get better support from their guardians or whatever than someone they barely know from a server.
    I'm fairly sure the idea of a family friendly community doesn't consist of suicide threats, regardless of whether it is a joke.

4. NightofBlue

NightofBlue Dedicated Minetimer

Tbh the whole kys and kms and all this business about killing that's been going on recently (most likely just not here as I here it around my school as well) is kinda like uhhhhh...... It's becoming this reaction kind of thing to say when you get angry like when you hit your toe on something and curse. It's a serious thing for sure, but the context is becoming this gray zone to the point it's kinda like.... Should we really be policing it to this extent kinda thing. I see quite a number of people getting punished for saying kys, but not as many for kms. As much as I want to agree with you, the bottom line is that the staff aren't certified psychologists who can properly handle a depressed individual who's really considering suicide. You could argue both ways for whether banning them is the right thing to do.

To address @ADAMATOR1234 .... Plenty of people who have problems use Minecraft as an escape from reality. There are rare times when a person feels that they need to let SOMEONE know NGNGMJDGDANGERGIRLMGJDNDG through any way they feel they can communicate their message. This could result in them saying said offense, but yeah. If you were contemplating suicide, would you rather talk it out (in final hopes) with someone random over an online game or let your own thoughts take you over? And if they felt this way, they probably don't trust their guardian enough to ask for help, or rather, they might not know options available to them etc. When people consider suicide, their vision becomes tunneled, and they think suicide is the only option in escaping/solving things. Yeah, complicated stuff I don't feel like elaborating on.

Lastly, I think a family friendly community would help someone in need. Of course it'd be preferable if they didn't blow it out of proportion JNFNDSLFNLSDFNDANGERGIRLLFNGSDNLKFGJN. Not a joking matter, but the question is do we help them or give them a push into darkness? And I think what @paulforthebuild is trying to say is that rather than banning these people, we should direct them to helpful alternatives.

5. Espresso

Espresso Forum Fanatic

I like it because I can report people for it :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

A minecraft server forums is the perfect place to look for / get attention for "suicide"

7. Starfletcher

Starfletcher Active Member

You get a lot of attention from gullible people if you say you want to commit suicide. I think it's best to point them in the right direction when they get banned.
    I also think the ban could be temporary, that way they could stay away from gaming while they sort themselves out.

8. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

:thumbsup:

9. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Dedicated Minetimer

Free posts :D

Go get a therapist if you really want to kill yourself. we aren't therapists.

10. Angel

Angel Expert Member

x400

11. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Dedicated Minetimer

mkay

12. Lewis

Lewis Judas

No, you shouldn't even be saying that on this server, it's family friendly, not a 18 + server, telling people that you are going to kill yourself isn't a joke.

13. Hag

Hag Dedicated Minetimer

ha ha ha you are funny

14. Lewis

Lewis Judas

Loving that sarcasm. XD

15. Qurp

Qurp Forum Enthusiast

well I think it should be removed because it isn't really harming anyone, kys is obviously harming someone verbally, saying kms can't really harm anyone (besides yourself of course)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. deedubb

deedubb Forum Enthusiast

I don't think this rule should be removed. It should be properly enforced.

Minetime is supposed to be a family friendly community, which means it includes children. Parents wouldn't want their children playing online with people that threaten suicide. It becomes a bad influence on the children.

To be honest, I actually can't believe that this saying has come to be a joke nowadays. :thumbsdown:

17. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

The server is so toxic already, I'm glad that saying ''kys'' gives a ban. I understand some people say it out of anger, although when you see how toxic the chat has become, it isn't really needed. Not to mention, people have killed them selves for serious things and this may offend others. In my opinion, players like you that want to let these things pass are the ones that make a toxic chat, and so I'd rather have this enforced. Anyway, seeing that it is a rule, I'd suggest you just obey it.