Global Chat

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by deandreRULEZ123, Jan 18, 2014.

?

Have you seen this

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deandreRULEZ123

deandreRULEZ123 Dedicated Minetimer

Global chat is a big thing in skyblock. But a lot of people at using it for an non-filterd chat. You can sent up to 7 messages in a row without getting kicked. If your muted it's a way of avoiding the MTmute system. And unite frankly people are announcing other server IPs, swearing at people and spamming "Join SkyWars" for their game to start.

There are some people using this a good, organising teams telling people that they have died over /g. But people are also using this if they want to swear over the chat they can freely. I don't know if I report this to [email protected] because if so there will be ALOT or people getting muted / banned. I know this cant be removed but can you make a custom plugin stopping this?

Thank you for your participation.

#1 deandreRULEZ123, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. daelwolf

daelwolf Retired Staff

We don't have staff positions in Skywars so there's not much I, or any other Helpers/Moderators, could do about it. I would recommend just emailing Emily what has been going on and provide some screenshots of it too.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Volga

Volga Expert Member

This should improve once new helpers are chosen ;)

4. deandreRULEZ123

Hopefully, SkyWars is one of my most played servers.
    Antiknock back
    Kill Aura
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. daelwolf

daelwolf Retired Staff

Although the status of the chat should improve greatly once new Helper are chosen, I still don't believe there will be any on Skywars or any other server that doesn't have them already (Hunger Games, Infection, etc.). If there were, they would be ruining the game by flying to other islands or kicking their enemies from the server. I'm not 100% sure this is the truth, but it's what I predict based off of previous knowledge.

6. Volga

Volga Expert Member

I believe helpers would not get creative mode/flying privileges in those servers. Hopefully Collin and Emily will choose some members who play in those servers often to help regulate their chat.

7. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

Everyday i go into servers and sit there in pvp moderating chat. If i see swearing i either report them or tell them to stop or else. If im accepted as a Helper it would be easier to moderate chat with /kick and /mute because then i could what global chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. deandreRULEZ123

But there is a problem, when your muted you can still speak with Global Chat. Maybe that's just an error Collin might need to fix or make another custom plug-in.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Muri

Muri Expert Member

I think my helper app was deleted (I may of put 2012 instead of 2013), but, if I was a helper I would camp in skywars for advertisers/swearers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Icy_

Icy_ Dedicated Minetimer

The things people actually say on the global chat can be quite disgusting. People are spamming, swearing, and name calling on the global chat. People are still getting away with this so the best way is to report them. Unfortunately it would be hard to integrate MT mute into the global chat because I assume they are two separate plugins.

11. ThatKidWhoSnipes

ThatKidWhoSnipes New Member

I totally agree! I think people should not be able to sware so freely in this server

12. daelwolf

daelwolf Retired Staff

Please do not bump old threads like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.