Accepted Chipemunk's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Staff Applications' started by Chipemunk, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

[​IMG]
    Introduction
    Hello, I would first of all like to wish everyone the best of luck I would ask you to read the whole thread before commenting, and if you disagree or give a no support please explain why I am open to feedback.

My name is Elliot, also known as chip. I am from The UK and I love to play Minecraft and Minetime especially. I like art and tech at school and enjoy drawing I also love red pandas.

If you would like to know more about me or get to know me better then here is my introduction:
    https://www.minetime.com/threads/chipemunks-introduction.33898/#post-412316

Your in-game name: Chipemunk
    What timezone are you in? GMT
    What country do you live in? England, UK
    What languages do you speak? English, partly Spanish and I'm learning French.
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc) Yes I have bandicam and default Minecraft screenshot.

Why do you think you should become a helper?

Helper has always been a huge ambition of mine, I love and am passionate to help people out. I crave the feeling of satisfaction when I do. I would love to be recognised for this. I tend to help out a lot in the community where I live. I have also played Minetime for a long time and I am quite a dedicated player to the server and have contributed a lot to the community. I feel as though I would be an asset to the staff team and would stick to my role and hold it with responsibility and enthusiasm.

As a staff member I would always go out of my way to help others and due to life experiences I am a very caring person and am able to sympathise easily. I would love to be the person who people can rely on, turn to, can deal with Reports and help moderate. I am honest, trustworthy and would never go back on my word or lie for that matter. I am also innovative and would love and am eager to bring this and contribute my ideas to the staff team.

What makes me different from other applicants and unique

I am committed and focused and try my best in whatever I do, I never try to give in to something. I also have a driven mind which makes me hard-working and ambitious, Once I set my goal to something I will stop at nothing to motivate myself to achieve it and once I do I excel. I am also aware of all the duties and responsibilities that come along as I have observed and looked closely from previous/current helpers and have learnt from their ways. I am not afraid of failure as I think this a key factor of the experimental process that gets you to success. I also have great a self-esteem and confidence in myself which makes me willing to accept and relish challenges. I never try to let anything get to me as I have developed a thick skin which allows me just to ignore negative messages and not take it to heart or drag me down, I try to stay positive no matter what the situation is.

I also have experience with leadership skills as I was elected headboy at my school and I was a seconder and was promoted to sixer at my local scout group.
    I was also part of a successful debate team we won regionals and then got to compete at Oxford. This tought me to respect other peoples views and to be more confident in myself which is important in the role of helper.

A few traits and advantages:

Responsible and mature
    I know right and wrong and stick by it and as a staff member it would be my responsibility to make sure others do too. Once I get assigned a task I will make it my mission to succeed and do what is expected of me, and I will also always try to go the extra mile. I would love to take on the great responsibly of being helper. I would also take full responsibility of any of my actions not pointing the blame at anyone else as I am able to learn from my mistakes and apply them to my work from then onwards.

Respectful
    I respect everyone no matter who they are. I treat everybody with the same respect, I am also unbiased and would not single out or 'let off' anybody favouring particular individuals.

Loyal
    I am 100% committed to Minetime and have been for the last 2 and a half years, I consider it a second home and always find myself coming back. I spend most of my spare time here and I enjoy myself doing so. I have stuck around during Minetime's good and it's fair share of bad times, now there's potential for minetime I would love to be part of it's exciting new future and help it grow even bigger.

Knowledgeable

During my time here I have gained quite a knowledge of the community and server, and what it takes to become helper. I would be able to apply this knowledge when answering questions and dealing with situations. I am aware of the rules and would like to enforce them, I can do this accordingly. When something new is introduced to me I am able to pick it up quickly and get straight into it without any hassle or bother. I am also familiar with the helper commands:
    /mute
    /kick
    /warn
    /temp ban

I would not abuse my commands, I would use them to make the server a better place and take action for any wrong doings.

Creative player
    I am mainly a creative player and since Pepper_ left the staff team there hasn't been many staff to moderate and help out on creative. There is always some kind of rule being broken on creative and nobody has been around to take action of it.

Teamwork
    I can work professionally in a team and get along easily with others, I can also work efficiently on my own. I love to work and meet new people with no matter their ability. I think this is a great skill to have as a staff member when communicating with others and working on a staff team.

Considerate
    I feel this is a important trait to have as a staff member. Many people often describe me as thoughtful, I always hate to see people upset and vulnerable. I always show consideration and thought towards other peoples feelings and would not tolerate someone's experience on Minetime to be ruined by others as Minecraft is a great game when rules are followed. I am highly sensitive towards others feelings, I spare a thought for others and can put myself into their shoes and see how they feel. I never like to fallout with anybody and I avoid this as much as possible. I always to apply this trait in everything that I do on and off Minecraft as I was taught when growing up. I am also approachable and would be always open to answering any questions, I am friendly and easy to talk to.

Honest
    I have the inability to break and abuse somebody's trust, It's just not who I am. To earn trust you have to be completely honest and not lie, I always know that telling the truth is better that telling a lie. I get a feeling I should never feel whenever I lie and it haunts over me, whenever someone tells me a secret I always keep it confidential and always stick to my word.

Quick thinking
    I can act fast and on the spot and sort out the situation straight away and handle a tough situation correctly without causing any havoc and put a stop to it. I am also prepared for any situation and can act on the spot.

Fun
    I do have a sense of humour and am a cheerful person. I am not just strict and serious, and would not be a staff member people should 'fear' or 'avoid'. I like to make people feel welcomed with a simple friendly !Hey <Username> to make them feel at home, entertain people and cheer people up. I do like a joke around but I know where the line is drawn and can be mature when needed.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Weekdays- 1-3 hours
    Weekends- 6-10 hours

Generally speaking I would be on it an hour a night but increase when off school but decrease when away on vacation.

How long have you been playing Minetime? Two years, I joined mid 2014
    Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) Nope
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?
    I have been a staff member on several small servers.
    I also have experience with XenForo administration/moderation and admin control panel.

Thank you for reading!

#1 Chipemunk, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • Like x 11
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Vitanni

Vitanni Dedicated Minetimer

Support4Elliot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Thanks liv :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Adel

Adel Dedicated Minetimer

I support you 100% good luck <3 :)))

• Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Thank you Adam

6. Roflcoptor

Roflcoptor New Member

Gud spelling no support

7. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

80% support :]
    I recommend that you proofread your application to get rid of any mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Flossie

Flossie Expert Member

dude our timezone is gmt+1

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dairito9

Dairito9 Forum Enthusiast

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

Support.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

I did those spellings must have slipped through, I have now fixed them apologies.
    My bad, I have changed it.
    Thanks for the support <33

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

-1. I dun really like you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Flossie

Flossie Expert Member

double posting - not a thing staff should do

14. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Sorry about that my application was being lost.

EDIT: I have now removed all bumps, apologies for that.

#15 Chipemunk, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  15. Flossie

Flossie Expert Member

doesn't matter. staff will look through all of them :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roflcoptor

Roflcoptor New Member

Yeah wth man don't break rules omg such bad no gud

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member