Admin rank name change

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by BandBmx, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Should the 'Admin' rank name be changed?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. BandBmx

BandBmx New Member

Hey guys, I have noticed a lot of people putting false trust in the 'Admin' donators because they believe them to be staff. I do not fully comprehend how this is happening since it is shown that 'Admin' is a donator rank at the immediate start of each server. A fix that I have thought of for this would be to change the rank name to something like 'President' this is keeping the rank names still similar but it's making it easier to tell that they are donators and not staff for these players that aren't taking the time to look at the boards.

Thanks,
    BandBmx

2. fzn

fzn New Member

Making 'Admin' a donor rank is like making 'Guard' a donor rank on a jail server, the title is misleading but you don't actually get Admin. I think a donor name change could cause a lot of fuss, since some players will say stuff like " Oh i donated for admin... refund! " and things like that.

3. Parker

Parker Retired Staff Member

I don't really see the problem, besides people thinking that they are staff. Eventually these certain players learn that they aren't staff member. It won't change, the Admin donator rank will stay the same.

4. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Honestly, i don't mind this, sometimes its funny to see how long it takes for someone who is having this explained to them to figure it out. Besides, I really don't think its too much to ask for people to look at the board on each server and see that admin is a donor rank.